Skate Rock Volume Three – Wild Riders of Boards (High Speed Productions) 1985. Because I am feeling generous, here is Volume Three. By this point, there was a crossover vibe going on in the skate scene definitely and it shows here. I always thought this was inferior to Volume 2, but it has some amazing shit on it. At the time, I would buy any Mike Dean fronted COC material I could find and the tracks by COC and Septic Death on here are awesome and should be seeked out by any fan of 1980′s crossover. This is a lastdaysofman-approved vinyl rip, so you should have none of the audio issues of the Volume 1 post.
1. Slam – Wild Riders of Boards: A CLASSIC. Sounds to me like a skatepunk version of one of those No Future UK bands.
2. The Boneless Ones – Keg Kept a Flowin: A joke song from The Boneless Ones. If you like Train Kept A Rollin then you may enjoy this one. Me? My favorite Yardbird was Mickey Dolenz. Skate For The Devil, thier LP is available on here.
5. Slam – Orden Den Ar Var: Who were these guys? Any takers? I love this band.
6. No Rules – The Fall: If you kidnapped one of those Barricaded Suspects bands and forced them to listen to Rites of Spring and Embrace for 6 months, it would be sound remarkably like this. Seriously though, not as bad as one would think.
7. Christ On Parade – My Life: The opening riff sounds like Sacred Denial and then it gets more garagey. Good track.
8. Beyond Possession – Skaters Life: Good stuff but I like Riot.303 more.
9. Septic Death – Burial: Amazing band. Totally underappreciated by me at the time as I thought it was just Pushead’s vanity project.
10. Corrosion of Conformity – What: COC with Mike Dean singing. What else do you need? Possibly the GREATEST crossover band ever.
11. Accused – Take No Prisoners: I never really got into this band. Nothing against them, but too metal (in a bad way) for me. Still, this is one of their better songs.
12. Beyond Possession – My Disease: Total crossover from Beyond Possession. Amazing track. The vocals were real unique at the time for this kind of music.
13. Corrosion of Conformity – Not For Me: Amazing shit here. Hunt down and find Six Songs With Mike Singing any way you can.
14. Corrosion of Conformity – Citizen: Ditto
15. Accused – Splatter Rock: One would think that a combo of splatter movies, thrash punk and skating would be right up my alley. Unfortunately, I just find it boring. Gimmee Septic Death or COC, man.
16. Accused – W.C.A.L.T: A plea for world peace from The Accused. Reminds of that Coke commercial from my youth.