I had a dupe of a tape of this way back when and I remember loving it. I think it was my first introduction to The Drunk Injuns. What stands out now is how kick ass a band Riot.303 were. The tracks on this comp by them are fucking amazing! Does anyone have their Crowd Control 7inch from 82? Is it as good as the shit on here?
Other than that, I don’t feel this is as solid a comp as Volume 2 which was almost perfect. Minus One and The Black Athletes are both terrible and there just isn’t as much of a variety. Still any comp with Drunk Injuns and Riot.303 is better than most.
1. Los Olvidados – Listen To You: Like I’ve said before, I just never really got into this band’s sound too much. Kinda Oi-ish mid-tempo punk wrock.
2. Big Boys : Red/Green: A classic Big Boys tune and much better than the version on Live At Rauls.
3. Riot.303 – Murder The Prime Minister: Wow! This is the dude from Beyond Possession. I don’t remember this one at all. Good gnarly skate rock tune with none of the crossover overtones of Beyond Possession.
4. Minus One : Bored of It: I hate this song. On many levels.
5. The Faction : A.U.K: Great band. Kinda like a skate-punk version of We Don’t Need The English.
6. Skoundrelz : Exterminator: Kinda weird, kinda generic. Tony Alva’s band. Their name reminds me of Bill and Ted’s band “The Wyld Stallynz”.
7. Drunk Injuns – Program: Awwww yeah. One of thier best songs EVER. Singer comes in on this one like Ian Curtis then lyrically it moves into a western mystical vibe with its “Magic man converting heaven from hell” stuff and then after the first verse, the guitar starts doing some wacky shit. Flash forward to the end. He’s freaking out. Fuckin GENIUS.
8. JFA : Great Equalizer: Good early JFA song. I like this one. My introduction to JFA was from these Thrasher comps and I remember never liking any of their other stuff as much.
9. Riot.303 : Skate Punx: OK. I really like this band. I forgot about this completely. I’ve always been on the fence with Beyond Possession but Riot.303 is the real deal.
10. Minus One : I Remember John: Fuck John Lennon, man. My favorite Beatle was Mickey Dolenz.
11. Los Olvidados : Don’t Cry: Remember when I said I didn’t really get into these guys? Well after “I Remember John”, this sounds like the greatest thing ever recorded.
12. Minus One : The Kid’s Don’t Skate Here: OK, at this point, I can’t possibly be objective about this band.
13. Skoundrelz : Jimmy Closet: I keep seeing Bill and Ted rockin out in the garage with these guys. Not bad. Kinda generic though.
14. Riot.303 : Depression Session: OK I’m a fan of Riot.303. Check out the Iggy vocal shit he’s doing!
15. Drunk Injuns : Your Mama: One of my least favorite Drunk Injuns songs. What does that mean though? It means it’s still better than 99 percent of anything else.
16. Black Athletes : Die Laughing: I would rather hear Die Laughing by RKL.
17. Faction : Boredom Awaits: Actually boredom arrived halfway during The Black Athletes track. Thanks for alleviating it.
18. Los Olvidados : You’re Dull: If you like this band, you will like this song.
19. Minus One : Nick Of Time: BLEAURGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
20. Riot 303 : Nightmares of Another Kind: A little more moody than the other tracks. Points forward to Tell Tale Heart. A retrospective of this band needs to be released NOW. Seriously,Last Days Of Man Records Volume 001. I’m on it.
21. Drunk Injuns : Pumpshank: At this point, you know how I feel about this band.